- A book is a powerful way of establishing you as a leader in your field. If you are already regarded as a leader, it cements your position and elevates your personal brand.
- A book is a business tool like no other. It is a proven way of connecting you with high value clients and increasing your visibility through public speaking, media interviews, or being a guest on podcasts.
- A good book is highly persuasive. If you hold a view on an issue in society or business that is contrary to the prevailing view, writing a book can alter mainstream opinion. Imagine what an extraordinarily satisfying feeling it will be to have that level of influence. Examples of books with a lasting legacy include The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson, Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg, When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi and Atomic Habits by James Clear.
- A book can save you time. That may sound counter-intuitive, but think of it this way: by the time a potential client has finished reading your book, they have already spent hours in your company. You have gained their trust and admiration. A high-quality book will generate ‘hot’ leads for your professional services, which means that the ROI on a single book if you offer something like an executive coaching course can be extremely high. Contrary to what many assume, it is typically not the royalties from books that generates the most profits.
- Writing a book is undoubtedly good for business, but there are benefits that extend beyond the bottom line. Sharing your knowledge and journey in life can help others to overcome similar challenges. It will connect you to people who have encountered similar hurdles. Collectively, books help to further human progress. Writing a book is immensely satisfying.
Most people ask themselves two questions before attempting a challenging task like writing a book.
Is it worth it?
Can I do it?
As your book coach, I can help you to answer ‘yes’ to both questions. I’ll guide you through the process so that you can look back with pride and satisfaction on your journey to becoming an author.
Why work with Hembury Books?
For the past 15 years that I’ve worked as a freelance journalist, I’ve written over a hundred articles for Forbes, as well as writing for major publications like CNN, BBC, Economist Impact, Company Director Magazine, GQ and Marie Claire.
I’ve interviewed hundreds of entrepreneurs, experts and inspiring individuals and I am adept at distilling the most important messages from interview transcripts and research.
I’m also the author of two travel memoirs called Our Home in Myanmar and Once Around the Sun. I love books and I believe in their inherent value.
I have well and truly completed the 10,000 hours of practice that renowned journalist Malcolm Gladwell espouses is needed to master a complex skill like writing. He coined this idea in his blockbuster book, Outliers.
I’ve also worked as a coach for Cartus International since 2013, helping executive expats and their families to adjust to a new culture and lifestyle on an overseas posting.
By working with me as your book coach or ghostwriter, you will save time and gain confidence – and I hope you may even go on to write a second, third or even fourth book.
Please get in touch to set up a no-obligation call to discuss your ideas for a book.
Phone: + 61 477346152